So you’ve started a newsletter. Congratulations! Let’s say you want to send all new subscribers a free download, such as an e-book, printables, worksheets, etc. But how do you do that? I had the same question when I started my newsletter for my printables business. In the beginning I sent the freebie manually to each new subscriber. Absolutely crazy, I know. Luckily I only got 1 subscriber a day back then. But nobody has time to do things like that manually. So today I’m going to show you how to automate the sending of the freebie.
Mailchimp makes it pretty hard to figure out how to do this, so I don’t blame you for not knowing how. It’s really easy if you know where to look!
1. First, log in to your Mailchimp account. On the menu at the top, click on Lists.
2. Click on your newsletter list.
3. Click on Signup forms and Click on General forms
4. From the drop-down menu, click on “final welcome email”.
5. Scroll down to the red outlined area where you can compose your final welcome email. This is the email new subscribers get after they have signed up to your newsletter. You can type anything in here, as well as add links to download your freebie. Hover your mouse over this outlined area and click on edit.
You need to host this free download somewhere like Box, Dropbox or Google Drive. Then, copy the link of that file.
6. Back in Mailchimp, add the download link. Here, I’ve added the link to some text. You can also add a link to an image.
I hope this has been helpful to you. If you have any questions, let me know in the comments!