This blog post has been on my to-do list for a while, and I finally got the time to put it together. I’m so excited to be sharing these resources I found with you. If you haven’t noticed, the blogosphere is obsessed with brush lettering. My previous hand lettering tutorials roundup was so popular that I decided to see what I can find on the topic of brush lettering only.
If you’re interested in learning brush lettering, check out these free tutorials / tips that talented people on the web have shared.
Free Brush Lettering Tutorials and Tips
1. Brush lettering: a how to by Angie Makes
2. Behind the scenes of Jasmine’s brush lettering
3. Brush lettering in action (video)
4. Lettering basics: brush pens and where to add pressure
5. Writing with brush markers
6. Brush script tips
7. See how Emma has been learning how to use a brush pen
8. Digital brush lettering in Illustrator
9. Mastering brush script
10. A simple guide to brush markers
11. DIY Handlettering: materials needed and tips for digitizing your lettering (in German)
12. Brush lettering with different media (plus videos)
13. Getting started with brush lettering (part 1)
14. How to use your brush pen (part 2)
15. 20 hand lettering YouTube videos for beginners
Premium Brush Lettering Courses
Brush letter practice guide
Practice brush lettering with this practice guide from Random Olive. The guide includes printable practice sheets for uppercase & lowercase characters and numerals. I’ve been using this guide and it’s so addictive and fun 🙂 Read more here (that’s my affiliate link).
Waterbrush Lettering Essentials
Learn how to create your own waterbrush lettered greeting cards. So far, this is the best online class about brush lettering I have found! Learn more about it here. Check out Teela’s, (the teacher) two free YouTube tutorials on brush lettering here and here.
Fundamentals for Drawing Letters
This Skillshare course by Andrea Campos teaches you the fundamentals of drawing letters. Andrea shares the questions she had when she wanted to learn lettering, and how she taught herself. Discover the pens and paper to use and how to teach yourself lettering. Read more here (that’s my affiliate link).
If lettering isn’t your thing, or you’re looking for a quick solution to add some brush lettering to your designs, check out these fonts.
Free Brush Fonts
Premium Brush Fonts
I’ve been adding these brush fonts to my wish list over the last few weeks. I currently own Amelian Script and Manhattan Darling and can wholeheartedly recommend them. Here are a few others that I’ve been eyeing.
This post contains affiliate links.